It is no secret I’m obsessed with my babies, as I’ve mentioned here and here. So, of course, I would want the best from my fur babes; and if that means homemade treats, so be it! Lets rewind back to a trip to Wally Mart where I found some cute doggy cookie cutters. As soon as I saw them I became inspired to prepare treats for my pups. I already knew the babies loved peanut butter (what dog doesn’t love PB?!), so when I stumbled upon a recipe for peanut butter dog treats I was SOLD…
…and so was clifford, don’t even bring up his diet! (him just wanted a taste of the dough!)
My babies loved the treats and I hope yours do too!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Add water and peanut butter. Gently combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough. <I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for faster results>
- Take a rolling pin and flatten out the dough.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out fun doggy shapes.
- Make sure you’re using a non-stick baking sheet or spray it with PAM.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. If you want the dog treats to be softer, take them out 10 minutes earlier.