As women, I’m sure we can all agree we’re always trying to watch our figure. I am that girl, but I also have a HUGE sweet tooth. And, of course, love chocolate! That sweet tooth, it gets me every time. Freaking sweet tooth! Anyways, this recipe quenches that need for sweets and is also a healthier alternative to other dessert options. For all you weight watchers out there, it’s just 1 point!
Here’s what you’ll need:
⅓ cup Cocoa, without sugar
¼ cup Margarine, regular, softened
¾ cup Sugar, white
4 oz Applesauce, unsweetened
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1½ cup Flour, white
1 tsp Baking powder
¼ tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sugar, powdered
- >Preheat oven to 375 and spray two cookie sheets.
- >Beat cocoa, margarine and sugar in a medium bowl.
- >Add applesauce and vanilla to cocoa mixture and beat to blend.
- >In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- >Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.
- >Shape batter into marble-sized balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- >Bake for about 8 minutes and remove from oven, allow cookies to stand for 1 minute.
- >Finally, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.